The division of High Performance Alloys known as Hoosier Waterjet was created to focus on cutting items for local customers. Specifically focusing on cutting customers materials to their exacting requirements.
Waterjet cutting, as it became more widely used also became harder to buy time on a machine. Our experience was that it may take 3-4 days to get into a schedule. While that is sometimes acceptable, we were sending items to Pennsylvania and New York to have the work performed. This only added to the time needed to complete an order. As our own needs for waterjet cutting diminished, the solution was to bring the capability in house. We offer services to the midwest and great lakes region.
Why the new name for the service? It helps to separate the known customers from the customers that would not think of High Performance Alloys to cut aluminum, copper, steel, vinyl or rubber. We also cut glass, stone and tile. What the machine can handle is basically endless from 4 inch thick stainless to materials only a few thousandths thick.
What sets Hoosier Waterjet apart from other cutting houses?
- Shipping within the midwest is very reasonable compared to shipping to a coast or over mountains.
- We are an ISO 9001:2008 registered corporation, which means we have a good quality system in place that has procedures in place for continuous improvement and oversight by management.
- Besides the familiarity of cutting metals, we have extensive experience cutting glass (just not tempered glass) and natural products. Variable pressures and vacuum assist help to ensure that the cut is performed in the best way possible to reduce breakage and limit scrap generation.
- We only run one shift normally, which means there are two shifts of capacity that can be utilized at any time to quickly cut your order, and cut it quickly.
- We invite the customer to be involved with the process, to ensure that they are getting the part in the most cost effective way. We can help to reduce processes operations and increase overall dimensional compatibility with mating parts.